Sign in to follow this  
Nuno Pinto

Two questions (No, not more problems!)

Straight to the subject... 1) I have installed the NGX on my laptop for a test-run prior to installing on my main machine. I do this to check the quality of *EVERY* addon i purchase, after it passes my testing (hey, it's my PC) i then uninstall it and reinstall on the main computer. My question is: - Will i retrieve the used activation back to be used again when i install it on my main machine? Also, i might reinstall the product 1 or 2 times a year, depending on the simulator performance or "issues" that might come around - Is this a problem in the future, with further activations being used? 2) Weather radar. It's not working, doesn't display anything and i cannot find anything on the subject in the manuals. I might have skipped the section where it's mentioned, i don't know. I don't have FSUIPC installed (is it required?). The related question: - Does the NGX have a working weather radar, or just the terrain display? Thank you and pardon me if there's something about this in the manuals - I didn't find it.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1) I have installed the NGX on my laptop for a test-run prior to installing on my main machine. I do this to check the quality of *EVERY* addon i purchase, after it passes my testing (hey, it's my PC) i then uninstall it and reinstall on the main computer. My question is:
You treat the add ons like radioactive stuff LOL.gif Sorry...I think Wx Radar is not simulated within NG but it's a guess cause I will buy it on September ( vacation reasons not Geiger ones )

The NGX does not include weather radar, as it is impossible to accurately simulate in FSX. As for the activation question, I don't believe it will be an issue, as I once had to install the MD-11 or something twice in short order. I don't know the exact criteria for failure (and I doubt they'll tell you) but I don't think it will be a problem. -stefan

And here you stumble on one of the greatest scandals regarding the NGX. The Wx radar is not simulated because, as PMDG stated it, it cannot be efficiently, realistically and reliably simulated because the way FSX treats clouds and precipitation. Until this changes in some other future version of FS, it is safe to say PMDG will never include a Wx radar with their products.

Cristi Neagu

Thank you for your replies wink.png Yeah, shame such a product doesn't have a Wx radar, even if not *THAT* accurate like on other sims, but that's not a biggie tongue.png

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Taken to the extreme, you could say that NOTHING in FSX is simulated with 100.0000000% accuracy. That being said, a "good" approximation to a Weather radar is Possible is FSX.It may not always be 100% accurate, but it should be able to display a reasonable indication of weather ahead.It can certainly "simulate" the controls and operational functionality of the real 737 weather radar. In the meanwhile, you could always add a 2D popup window, with an addon Weather Radar. Have you looked into REX ?? Geoff

I use IVAO online servers for weather so to have the same conditions as everyone flying online (as long as other people do the same!). From REX i only have the textures for clouds, water, etc. I agree that even an inaccurate weather radar would give another touch to this already superb simulation, mostly like CS's 767 or even DA's Fokker100.

Guys... please don't start. It's been discussed to death. Use the search function if you're that interested.

Cristi Neagu

Not my idea to start anything, my apologies if i said something i shouldn't. My doubts are clarified, thanks again!