Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard Sennett

External View

Hi Guys: All is well fps wise except for one issue, in the external view if I rotate around plane fps drop quite a bit and it stutters, if I leave it alone fps are fine, weird use the ******* tweak and frame limiter but was wondering if my Affinity Mask=56 is correct doesnt seem right for a 6 core, like I said all other views have great fps a little weird, any help would be appreciated, thank you. Pmdg thanks so much feel like I am flying the real thing incredible piece of work guys. See my system specs in sig. Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

Hi Guys: All is well fps wise except for one issue, in the external view if I rotate around plane fps drop quite a bit and it stutters, if I leave it alone fps are fine, weird use the ******* tweak and frame limiter but was wondering if my Affinity Mask=56 is correct doesnt seem right for a 6 core, like I said all other views have great fps a little weird, any help would be appreciated, thank you. Pmdg thanks so much feel like I am flying the real thing incredible piece of work guys. See my system specs in sig. Regards, Rich
Do me a favour just alter it to affinity mask=15 or 63. let me know m8 i'd be interested to know the out come. if not you can restore it to 56.

Tried 15 much better buddy trying 63 now, how do you come up with these numbers ? your the best. Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

Tried 15 much better buddy trying 63 now, how do you come up with these numbers ? your the best. Regards, Rich
Set it to 62 and be done with it. It tells FSX to use Core1-5, which leaves Core0 for windows and FSX fibers. That has been proven to be the best FSX core-config.

Good to hear, My brother is a computer game programmer.

Set it to 62 and be done with it. It tells FSX to use Core1-5, which leaves Core0 for windows and FSX fibers. That has been proven to be the best FSX core-config.
It's 63 m8 for 6core processors

Good to hear, My brother is a computer game programmer. It's 63 m8 for 6core processors
63 is 00111111, 62 is 00111110, why put FSX on Core0? If you move it, all that rests there are fibers, according to many on tweaking forums, incl. Bojote.Have you even read all the tweaking for FSX provided by ******* Altuve?

You have a quad-core Intel i7 with Hyperthreading enabled, and only want WoW to run on the Physical cores... 1 + 4 + 16 + 64/console processAffinityMask 85 You have a new AMD 6-core CPU, which are all physical and you want to use them all... 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 16 + 32/console processAffinityMask 63 To return WoW to it's 2-core default... 1+ 2/console processAffinityMask 3 Optimal Settings for Multi-core Processors: Dual-cores: SET processAffinityMask "3" (default setting) Tri-cores & i5s: SET processAffinityMask "7" Quad-cores: SET processAffinityMask "15" Intel I7s: SET processAffinityMask "85" DECIMAL VALUE----------------BINARY BIT MASK-------CORES IN USE1------------------------------------00000001-----------------core03------------------------------------00000011-----------------core0,17------------------------------------00000111-----------------core0,1,215----------------------------------00001111-----------------core0,1,2,331----------------------------------00011111-----------------core0,1,2,3,463----------------------------------00111111-----------------core0,1,2,3,4,5127---------------------------------01111111-----------------core0,1,2,3,4,5,6255---------------------------------11111111-----------------core0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Hi Steve wow your on to something here 15 was better for graphics 63 was awesome loading times were very fast wow, now if I can get a number that will do both that would be awesome noticed tearing with 63 but it loaded so fast, thanks so much for any other suggestions. I have i7 6 core. Regards, Rich Hi Word Not Allowed thank you kindly for the input but 63 was giving me graphic tearing maybe due to overclock ? which I would not remove. :) Rich

Rich Sennett

Yeah there is alot of speculation of what number to use for what and i guess some people are happy with certain one's so if you have alittle play about im sure you will be happy in the end. Cheers Steve

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,910.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now