Sign in to follow this  
sheepfu

Contrails

This is not a NGX specific issue, however occurred after the install of NGX. I have got the stupid black contrails caused by the missing texture file. Does anybody have a replacement copy of the contrail files that can be used. I have so many addons that an FSX repair from the disc will just cause more headaches than it is worth. Thanks,

That would be fx_smoke.bmp located in ..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Effects\texture\ Unable to make an attachment to this post, but if you submit a support ticket from our support portal, just ask for a copy of smoke.bmp for the contrail effect, and we'll send you a copy.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

I replaced the file but still no change, this really sucks. I unintalled several addon AC recently which probably caused this issue. Does repair screw everything up if I go that route. I cant find CAB files on the FSX disc. I believe another effect files is also missing, another post mentioned another file associated with the smoke and contrails effect. these files are also missing ....

• fx_1.bmp
    • fx_2.bmp
    • fx_3.bmp
    • fx_5.bmp

Can these be obtained from anywhere? Repair sounds tedious according to other post. I have the awful nightmare of reinstall if something gets screwed up

:P Timothy Murphy