Sign in to follow this  
SAS1376

CTD with Actual Window Manager

HiHope you can help resolve this one..I use dual monitors, and the product 'Actual Window Manager' which has some really nice features in terms of placing windows where I want them, i.e. sending the CDU to Monitor 2.I have FS2crew for Maddog and iFly. For the Maddog version everything is OK.For the iFly version, FSX crashes when I undock the FS2crew control panel. Hypnotized.gifIf AWM is unloaded/stopped, then I can undock the window just fine.So there seems to be a conflict between AWM and the iFly version of FS2crew ?Any ideas - suggestions or workarounds ?For now, I just leave the panel docked, but I would like to move it out of the way to Monitor 2. Otherwise, FS2crew for the iFly is absolutely brilliant, use it every time !! I am running Win7x64, FSX. Peter

Hi Bryan, OK - I was hoping someone else might be having the same problem. Am I the only one in the world with FSX-iFly737-FS2Crew and AWM ?Anyway, I will try to ask AWM support if they have any ideas, maybe you can help if they offer any troubleshooting tips.Just a summary:- FSX + iFly + AWM works- FSX + Maddog + FS2CREW + AWM works- FSX + iFly + FS2CREW + AWM has issue when undocking main FS2CREW window Otherwise I can recommend AWM: http://www.actualtools.com/ Peter

Hi Peter, I'm afraid I have no ideas regarding that utility you're using. The FS2Crew Windows as defined in the panel.cfg are just ordindary Windows. As experiment, you could try playing with the panel.cfg file for the iFly and see you can isolate which window entry causes this issue. Cheers,

Hi Bryan, With the help of the good folks at Actual Tools support, I have now found a work-around for this (defining an exclusion for FS2CREW): In the exclusion section I have "Window caption" set to "FS2CREW Main Panel", and Window class unchecked.In the Window definition for the CDU, I have "Window caption" set to "Captain's CDU', and Window class unchecked.I can now even have a window definition for FS2CREW Configuration Panel ! So now I can undock the CDU, and it will go to it's place. And I can undock the FS2CREW and manually move in to Monitor 2, although it has to keep it's frame and all that. So it is an acceptable work-around. I still have no understanding of why FS2CREW Main Panel and AWM doesn't like each other, but at least now I can use it. Cheers, Peter