Sign in to follow this  
qwertzu12

NGX does net like the Canaries?!

Hi,today I tried to fly to the Canaries with NGX but I got CTD while entering the routes into the FMC. First I tried to fly Hannover-Teneriffa south (EDDV-GCTS), then Dusseldorf -Teneriffa south (EDDL-GCTS) and then Dusseldorf- Fuerteventura (EDDL-GCFV). I wasn't able to start a flight due to these CTD's.After it I tried another direction: Dusseldorf-Shannon (EDDL-EINN) and all worked perfect. I have never had any CTD's with NGX except this time. Is there any solution, because I'd like to fly there. ThanksNiclas

Normally I enter them via scratchpad. Do you mean, this makes a difference? I'm not 100% sure if I entered the waypoints via scratchpad. Maybe I entered one or two of them via keyboard.

Did you apply the hotfix that was released earlier today? It is supposed to fix panel lockups, not sure if that covers what you are experiencing. Can you give an example of a complete route that causes the crash? At what point during CDU preflight did the crash occur?

No, I did not apply the hotfix, becuase everything works fine, except these routes. This was my route (EDDL-GCFV): MODRU8L Z283 SUMAS UZ283 LNO UZ707 FAMEN UQ249 DISAK UQ237 LMG UN10 SAU UN857 TERTO. It occured after entering the SID. But one my next flight (EDDL-EINN) I used exactly the same SID without having a CTD. I don't remember exactly when I had CTD's with the other routes but definitily not while choosing SID's or STARS.