Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hmslion

Video card or memory problem?

I"m posting here becuase i'm seeing this with the NGX. After an epic saga of reinstalling windows (twice) and FSX I don't remember how many times to fix an issue with DirectX, I'm still running into graphical glitches - and I have to wonder if they are hardware related. Changing views, or going from full screen to windowed and back, is causing problems. Black screens, partial texture loss, full cockpit loss etc. Is this a sign that my video card is giving up the ghost or do I have a memory fault? Your thoughts would be appreciated. Win7920i overclocked to 3.8 ghz6 gigs of memory 1600 at factory speedsATI 5800 HD video card with a gig of memoryAsus PT6 Deluxe V2 mother boardTriple Head to Go Digital Thanks! Colin Ware

Collin, read the forum threads! There are countless information about screen going blackwhen going from full screen to window mode or using Alt-Tab. Also a lot info about micro stuttering. What I read is that if you get a black screen, try bring up the Taskmanager and when it shows uppress Esc and you are back again. Nothing wrong with your card or memory. BTW use only DirectX 9C (not 10) / Leffe