Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StuartMcIntyre

Graphics Drivers and Nhancer

hey guys, i have seen that getting the most up to date drivers for you graphics card would help to increase performance, (obv) but i am using nhancer which doesnt work with the most up to date drivers for the 9500GT (280.26) it says it works with 197+ drivers i dont have any stability problems with the 197 i.e. it hardly ever crashes and i do get quite reasonable performance but i was wondering if i could squeeze more fps if i updated the driver to 280, does this would mean i wouldnt be able to use nhancer? also would there be much of a difference in fps? someone out there should surely be able to offer some advice? thanks in advance!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Highly unlikely that you would see a performance benefit. If everything is stable I'd stick with the current drivers you are using. If you do decide to update anyway, you can use NVidia Inspector instead of NHancer to accomplish the same. Look for a stickied topic by Ryan in the general forum for guidance.

many thanks, i was thinking that i wouldnt really get much benefit apart from stability which i dont have problems with. i like using nhancer as nvidia inspector imo isnt as good ill have a look for that sticky! thanks again!