Sign in to follow this  
ksta

Lateral Offset Issues

Hi. When I try to do a lateral offset (any distance) beginning at one waypoint and ending at another waypoint on the route, I notice the following: 1. The airplane will offset to the offset distance in the correct direction, then it begins a series of S-turns away from the offset and cannot maintain the offset because it keeps flying away from it. 2. The DTGs do not update (not sure if this is an NGX issue or just how the FMC actually is). I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and has a fix for it, or if a fix could be included in an upcoming service pack. Thanks.

Ken Stango

Just did a test flight from CLE to EWR with the United -900WL. I entered a right 30-nm offset from ZORBO to FQM into the CDU. When the airplane began turning to the right, it froze and became unresponsive to control inputs. Then it started diving towards the ground.

Ken Stango

I've had that same problem on a flight from KJFK-MTPP. Lateral offset input equalled the display in the VC freezing, and the plane entering a shallow uncontrollable dive. -Will Stroud

I flew the same route in the Continental -800WL and did a right 2-nm offset from ZORBO to SLT. In this situation, the airplane flew the offset without any issues.

Ken Stango

Exactly same problem.. occured just after T/D with offset. I think there is something wrong with OFFSET.. over 15,000fpm dive instantly.

With the -800WL, I just did the same offset (R30 ZORBO to FQM) that I did with the -900WL, and there were no issues with the offset. I only see issues with the -900WL.

Ken Stango

Narrowed down the problem to either the United -900WL or Continental -900WL. There are no offset issues with the -900WL PMDG paint.

Ken Stango

Got done flying an offset with both of those, and there were no issues. I didn't even do anything.

Ken Stango

Since people experience this problem with different liveries, it might be caused by how the livery is installed. One of you should try reinstalling one of the problematic liveries and see if it helps. If it doesn't, it's just one more system specific problem for PMDG to look into. Poor guys, working around the clock on these issues.

Cristi Neagu