Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GlobalGentleman

AAL 747's

Was wondering if anyone might have some accurate insight as to why American Airlines did away with their 747 program years ago.... was it purely financial reasons based on a/c economics? due to their route development? etc... It would be easy to say a combination of all those issues, but I'm curious as to what played the major factor (there's usually a primary catalyst in most situations). Shame that, to my understanding, they never did a 744 version. Seeing photos, I think those old AA 747-100's look like some of the most gorgeous birds in the sky.... I've read the wiki profile for AAL, but it just doesn't go into as much detail as I'm craving on this topic, so any factual insight is much appreciated!! Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I wondered that myself, all I see are 757's, 767's 777's, and 737's. I guess the "Queen Of The skies isn't as fuel efficient as she used to be. As they on Monday Night Football "C'mon Man! Whistle.gif

I wondered that myself, all I see are 757's, 767's 777's, and 737's. I guess the "Queen Of The skies isn't as fuel efficient as she used to be. As they on Monday Night Football "C'mon Man! Whistle.gif
Have you seen some of the old pics of the AAL 747's around the web? Beautiful! Quite a shame they're no longer around....