Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atco

Fatal Error on Startup

Hi all, I have FSX running nicely.This afternoon I added some AI, converted the traffic bgl's from my FS9 into FSX format.Ran AI Timeout Patcher Then started FSX and Boom, Fatal errorNo other message other than Fatal error and FSX needs to close No further information So I removed all the traffic bgl's, restored the original ai-player.dll from my backup and deleted my FSX.cfg Rebooted, and still get the same error. "A fatal error has occurred windows is looking for a solution" Then"Microsoft Flight Simulator X has stopped working.A problem caused the program to stop working correctly..........." Thats all I get, no info on what caused it to stop working, its just dead.Even checked windows event viewers and nothing, just faulting application fsx.exe and faulting module unknown Running Vista 64 SP2, any help gratedully appreciated. After spending close to a week getting this thing installed and running nicely, I'm really not able to face scrapping a week's work and starting this again. ThanksGarry

Thanks but unfortunately that has not fixed the issue. I uninstalled AITP-X and replaced the original dll, but I still get the Fatal Error on startup :(

Well I seemed to have fixed it by doing a repair install and then re-installing SP1 and SP2. Very frustrating, but at least everything still seems to be in working order.

I have solved this by deleting the fsx.cfg file and letting the sim create a new one. You have to reconfigure everything back to your preferences but it beats reloading the entire sim. Mike