Sign in to follow this  
a3ifs40

FSX Freezes up with 747-400X

I am afraid in need help from the masses out there I just brought a brand new computer. After installing the sim using the instructions on the PMDG help site I did my first flight from KBOS to EGLL. I am sitting in the room reading a book and I look up at the computer to see that it has froze 498 miles from CYQX. I am just alittle confused as to why. I have no add ons but the queen and I have heard of some problems with the sim and windows 7 but i made sure to avoid that stuff before i set up a help ticket I was hoping you all can give me some help my system specs are as follows Dell XPS8300Windows 7 64Bit OSNvidia GT530XPS 8300 Intel Core I7-2600 processsor 8MB Cache 3.4GHz8GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 4x2 GB1TB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM any and all help would be great thanks in advance Ian Snow

Have you been doing any tweaks. Your GPU isn't exactly top notch but the rest of the system seems to be so I cam't see why but maybe try a rebuild of you .cfg. Could you try and catch the crash report?

good morning I have installed my sim in the C drive so it would say the following C flight sim Per the help page at PMDG it says it is a good idea to do that also if it is the uni dll problem that everyone has spoken about how and where do i put the correct file? My anti virus is Mcafee I am better off getting rid of it and putting in something else and if so what else thanks again for all your help with this Ian Snow

Hi, I have the same problem since 2 years and no solution found.The "freez" takes about 8 to 10 min, thereafter FSX is resuming the process again and I can finish the flight.So I can accept this situation.Peer