Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeff_B

Strange FMC message

Firstly i would just like to say how great the NGX is its stunning in every respect, top job to the whole development team. Mine runs beautifully on my 3yr old quad something 2.8 something on Win XP with ORBX and GTX560 Ti on a HD 23" - just bloody stunning. Whilst i do get the panel freeze on the odd occasion i have faith PMDG will nail a stable fix/patch soon. Havnt bothered as yet with the hotfix will monitor that progress. Have come across this twice in the FMC after entering a route : the screen blanks and has the msg in the middle: PROGRAM PIN ERROR. Anyone else seen this? Also what is the keyboard commands to lower eyesight/position when in the VC. (have done a search as i didread this in someones post this week but failed to find the topic in the last hour). Thanks in advance and im fully converted to VC - never thought i would but its the only way to fly in hte incredible job they have done it.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Any active failures? From FCOM2: "FMC connector wiring is incorrect", and "System unusable; advice maintenance personnel. The CLR key will not clear the message"

I dont have active failures on just the sevice option on. I did get around it by pressing diff keys and finally msg removed and all data was still there, and no futher issues throughout the flight.

I got this recently after landing, setting up another route and hitting ARR on the DEP/ARR page. Immediately triggered a PIN ERROR message (although not in the middle of the screen...!?). Well I didn't try too much but I didn't get it resolved. Loading another panel state would cure the problem for the moment though.

Also what is the keyboard commands to lower eyesight/position when in the VC. (have done a search as i didread this in someones post this week but failed to find the topic in the last hour).
Well you shall not search for a post but rather check your very own settings... Go to Options -> Controls -> Buttons -> Views. This should get you started. sig.gif

Thanks badderjet. been using fsx for few years now and didnt know that was there. You learn something new everyday!