Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tdnicho

Excessive Fuel Temperature

Hi PMDG...Thanks for a great product! Only problem I've had so far is excessive fuel temperature. It's too hot. I first noticed a problem when I loaded the sim and aircraft in cold dark and quiet state. There was approx 4k lbs of fuel each wing tank and none in the center fuel tank. Once I connected electrical power, I immediately noticed EMDP over temp on the overhead panel. Asking maintenance to take a look revealed two failures active, but even after clearing the active failures, I still had overtemp condition. I searched the forum and saw a post that addressed this...suggesting that the problem was low fuel levels (since fuel is used to cool hydraulic system). So I carried on and tried another flight. This time, same symptoms, cleared the active failures, still had overtemp. Then I noticed that my fuel temp gauge in the overhead panel was reading off-scale high. Even at FL380, I have off-scale high reading on the fuel temp gauge. I'm guessing this is what's generating the EMDP overtemp. I don't know whether this is a bug or if there's something I can do to get fuel temperature down. Any suggestions? Thanks! Troy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!