Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

The detail really IS enormous

So after all the previews and whatnot, it was abundantly clear how detailed the plane was going to be. And indeed, we have not been disappointed - not at all! However, by adding all this detail, the bar has been raised significantly on the scale of "extraordinary detail". Where previously I'd be amazed by a pilot moving his head in the exterior model, now my attention has shifted to other things. So what's more to ask on this plane? I have no idea, to be honest. Everything works, and it works great, and I already found out that if something doesn't happen the way I expect, it'll be my fault, and my fault only. The system depth really is oblitaratingly enormous. Now, why do I even start this thread if I'm only going to say stuff we already know? It's because of the remarkable detail... The tiniest of things are actually there. Now let me be more specific. Stupidly, it was only halfway the flight that I actually noticed the HGS unit! Getting a warm, fuzzy feeling inside, I dropped it down and looked through it for the first time - and was sold instantly. At this point I went to look at the exterior model. I zoomed in on the cockpit, and "oh my god" I went as I saw that HGS had dropped down in the exterior model's cockpit also! I went back to the VC and stowed the HGS again, went to the exterior model, and the HGS was stowed there too. Unbelievable. PMDG, you guys really thought of everything! And the best part for as far as I'm concerned? Flying her really isn't even that difficult, and the FPS are on par with the MD-11, maybe even better. PMDG, congratulations on this admirable piece of work. I am in complete and utter awe.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

So after all the previews and whatnot, it was abundantly clear how detailed the plane was going to be. And indeed, we have not been disappointed - not at all! However, by adding all this detail, the bar has been raised significantly on the scale of "extraordinary detail". Where previously I'd be amazed by a pilot moving his head in the exterior model, now my attention has shifted to other things. So what's more to ask on this plane? I have no idea, to be honest. Everything works, and it works great, and I already found out that if something doesn't happen the way I expect, it'll be my fault, and my fault only. The system depth really is oblitaratingly enormous. Now, why do I even start this thread if I'm only going to say stuff we already know? It's because of the remarkable detail... The tiniest of things are actually there. Now let me be more specific. Stupidly, it was only halfway the flight that I actually noticed the HGS unit! Getting a warm, fuzzy feeling inside, I dropped it down and looked through it for the first time - and was sold instantly. At this point I went to look at the exterior model. I zoomed in on the cockpit, and "oh my god" I went as I saw that HGS had dropped down in the exterior model's cockpit also! I went back to the VC and stowed the HGS again, went to the exterior model, and the HGS was stowed there too. Unbelievable. PMDG, you guys really thought of everything! And the best part for as far as I'm concerned? Flying her really isn't even that difficult, and the FPS are on par with the MD-11, maybe even better. PMDG, congratulations on this admirable piece of work. I am in complete and utter awe.
This. Two examples of something being my fault : - The T/O warning beeper was sounding all the time for my first TO's. Didn't know what was wrong. Turns out that you don't have to arm the speed-brakes for take off, unlike the MD11. - I released the parking brakes but the plane wouldn't move forward. After much playing around with the hydraulics trying to see if there was something wrong with them it turns out the shocks were still in place. This plane gets better and better the longer you fly it. There are so many details to notice and take into account. And still if you want to just simply fly a route as per normal checklists and charts, you can do so quite easily. It's a fantastic piece of kit. The FPS are the same as the MD11, only A LOT SMOOTHER, and definitely better than those of the JS41. im Not Worthy.gif

Now let me be more specific. Stupidly, it was only halfway the flight that I actually noticed the HGS unit! Getting a warm, fuzzy feeling inside, I dropped it down and looked through it for the first time - and was sold instantly. At this point I went to look at the exterior model. I zoomed in on the cockpit, and "oh my god" I went as I saw that HGS had dropped down in the exterior model's cockpit also! I went back to the VC and stowed the HGS again, went to the exterior model, and the HGS was stowed there too. Unbelievable. PMDG, you guys really thought of everything!
That is indeed a very nice touch. It is that kind of attention to detail that makes flightsimming interesting.