Sign in to follow this  
a3ifs40

uiautomationcore.dll help

Good morning all I was wondering if any of you folks out there could give me detailed instruction on the following How and where do i install the correct uiautomationcore.dll in the sim I seem to be having a major problem lately figuring this out any and all help would be great Thanks in advance for your help and advice Ian SNow

Good morning all I was wondering if any of you folks out there could give me detailed instruction on the following How and where do i install the correct uiautomationcore.dll in the sim I seem to be having a major problem lately figuring this out any and all help would be great Thanks in advance for your help and advice Ian SNow
Details... pretty simple actually. If you use Windows 7, you need a UIAutomationCore.DLL from Windows Vista otherwise FSX will CTD when you use the menus. To solve it you just get a proper UIAutomationCore.DLL,, which you can either get from a Vista install you have access to, or just google it, you'll find one to download. To install it, simply drop it into the root FSX directory and you're set.

thats for your reply i don't mean to sound like a major moron by can you tell me what and where the FSX root directory is please? thanks again Ian Snow

thats for your reply i don't mean to sound like a major moron by can you tell me what and where the FSX root directory is please? thanks again Ian Snow
By default it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X ... but I and just about everybody here will STRONGLY recommend changing the directory to C\FSX when you install.

Perhaps someone can tell me what issues lurk out there for me but after a lot of research this was the simplest answer I found. I did it and have not had a CTD in a few weeks. Basically, I uninstalled it. Here is just the instruction part of the posting (it's all I copied): "HERE IS THE FIX: You may have to take ownership of the files if windows stops you from deleting the file. Open CMD prompt and right click to run as administrator and then type in exactly as below substituting your windows login username where it says username: takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll cacls C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F takeown /f C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dll cacls C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F Now you can just navigate to your syswow64 and system32 folders in windows explorer and after backing up the UIautomationcore.dll files just delete them from your computer. (Remember to delete the Uiatomationcore.dll file in ure FSX folder also if you installed it as the fix in other posts.)"Hope this Helps,Shawn Droney

Good afternoon Ok I already have the sim in the following area C\FSX So all i need to do is take the uiautomationcore.dll and put it in there and that is it? thanks Ian Snow

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • 01.png
  • 1 posts

Posted Today, 06:22 PMPerhaps someone can tell me what issues lurk out there for me but after a lot of research this was the simplest answer I found. I did it and have not had a CTD in a few weeks. Basically, I uninstalled it. Here is just the instruction part of the posting (it's all I copied):"HERE IS THE FIX: You may have to take ownership of the files if windows stops you from deleting the file. Open CMD prompt and right click to run as administrator and then type in exactly as below substituting your windows login username where it says username:takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dllcacls C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:Ftakeown /f C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dllcacls C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:FNow you can just navigate to your syswow64 and system32 folders in windows explorer and after backing up the UIautomationcore.dll files just delete them from your computer. (Remember to delete the Uiatomationcore.dll file in ure FSX folder also if you installed it as the fix in other posts.)"Hope this Helps,Shawn Droney Hi Shawn ok just to get this correct after I follow all this i just go in and replace the good file in all those areas along with putting it in the root directory or am I completely lost here? thanks again Ian Snow

Ian,From what I've read there are two schools of thought here. One being to replace the dll's, the other, the one I posted, was to just delete it. So after I followed those instructions I was done. I did not replace anything. Now, I have not had any issues as of yet with any of my programs but we'll see what happens. I suppose you could try this, and if you have any problems then go in and replace the files with the ones you've downloaded. I usually go for easy first, then complicate my life.

Hi Shawn thanks again for the advice and help ok delte the files and if that does not work then take the good file and put it in the 3 areas wow 32wow 64and just C\FSX am i getting the straight? thanks again Ian SNow

Edit --- Reread the other posts and I was rambling about nothing. All I can say is that I did what I mentioned before and I haven't had a single related CTD.

Good afternoon Gee must not be my day I keep trying the CMD prompt and it keeps telling me it is incorrect I enter my PC name now do i do it the following way cacls C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll /G name-PC\name:F or am i just not haveing a good day thanks Ian Snow

holy cow it worked ok now i have to wait till work is over to test thanks all for your help and hopefully it is happy flying enjoy you day and week thanks again Ian Snow

Ah, thanks janvaane. That was the entire page I copied the instructions from.