Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

SAS display options IRL

Does anyone know what display options (and various other options) SAS equipped their 738 a/c with?Reason I asked is I noticed the other day when flying with the real 'Freja Viking' that she is equipped with the newer style Collins MCP which I didn't know before. Shot a number of both external pictures as well as from the flightdeck and will post them here if anyone is interested when I get back home.

Richard Åsberg

Maybe it's retro fitted then during service. Most seems to havethe Honeywell and the analog STBYs. I guess the HGSs are retrofitted too. Fortunately it' easy for us NGX flyers to swap! :-)

The HGS have been there since day one. The NG's that was transfered to SAS Braathens/Norway lost their HGS to keep the on the same level as the exBraathens NG's, but have since gotten them back after SAS Norway was brought back to the SAS AOC. &@($* for the MCP, I believe most if not all are using the Honeywell. Maybe some of the newest have Collins, but I don't think so. analog standby gauges are beeing replaced with the digital.

Not sure how old 'Freja Viking' is in SAS's 738 fleet but as I wrote in my post above at least she has new newer Collins MCP.What I really wanted to know was if someone knows what other options SAS ordered for their 738:s or where that info might be found? Would be really cool to make the PMDG 'Freja Viking' as close to her real counterpart as possible but guess I maybe could bother the pilots to answer a few questions when flying home :( if I'm lucky enough to fly her on my way back home as well.

Richard Åsberg