Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

HGS Control Panel - Using Meters

How do I enter the runway length in the HGS Control panel in meters, I can't find it in the manual. Glen

Glen

Look in the FSX World Map available from the start menu. Right click on the destination and choose the correct airport. Note down the nav settings and course for each runway as well as the length of the runways, which may be different depending on which you end up using out of all of them. I suggest for airports you regularly use you print them out by hitting the button. I put about 8 sheets of paper in and used them all. Turned the paper around and did another 8 different ones. Then listed all that each side contained at the top of the first sheet and then highlighted it, finally stapling them to keep them as a set. You can also get the details in any of several programs like Plan G, a moving map which is free. Their are many many other options on the net and not all are payware. I suggest that you compare 2-3 places to see you`re getting up to date and factual details too. For example since some time in 2009 EGNJ Humberside changed from RW21/03 to RW20/02 and though it doesn`t affect the length it most certainly affects the ILS and route planning to a certain degree, though in this case it isn`t a bad problem. Comon sense says pick 20 instead of what used to be 21, Plan G will get updated at some point but still shows RW21 so it can be confusing-just keep an open mind and be prepared for certain deviations from what was expected.

Hi Steve Thanks for your detailed answer, but I think you misunderstood my question. I am trying to enter the runway length in the HGS control panel but it seems to default to 'feet'. The manual says the runway length can be entered in feet or meters, how do I enter meters ?? Glen

Glen

Seems like there is no way to change the unit from feet to meters. But you don't have to convert yourself, in the CDU approach page it shows runway lenght in both feet and meters.

Thanks Simon, I didn't realise that. Glen

Glen