Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rockies31

Autopilot

For some reason for me my autopilot won't work, it won't follow anything and when I try to engage it the autopilot disengages immediately, am I setting the FMC up wrong maybe? Does anyone have a good FMC tutorial to help as well?

Andrew Kicklighter

Kansas Glider Pilot and Flight Sim Enthusiast

Assistant of Events at American Airlines Virtual; aavirtual.net

You need to have both captains and FO's flight director turned on. Also, the yoke must be centred to activate autopilot.

Di Agron

Dell XPS 15 L502X | Intel i5-2540m @ 2.60GHz | 4GB DDR3 1333MHz (2x2GB) | nVidia GT525M | Seagate 500GB 7200RPM | 15" 1366x768 | 23" LG 1360x768 |

Got a hardware question? Ask:

HERE (Mobo's, Ram, CPU's, custom builds, general hardware etc)

HERE (Graphics cards, monitors, drivers etc)

HERE (Peripherals/Hardware and related drivers)

HERE (Internet/Networking)

PMDG FMC NavData out of date message fix HERE

i think you can negate having the control column centred and have the a/c in trim by disabling the 'realistic autopilot engagement option' within the FMS menu sytem. I think it is PMDG Setup-equipment, but I could be wrong paul

Paul Kent

PMDG 747X, 'the DUKE' and TurbineDuke, LevelD 767, Katana 4X, EJets v2, 737PIC, Carenado SenecaII and Archer. Very patiently awaiting the NGX :)

Assuming you have programmed the FMC completely and resolved any discontinuities, both FDs are on, your aircraft should be in "trim" to engage the autopilot. If not, try Paul's advice to disable AP's realistic engagement. This should solve your problem.

Roy Joven T. Benzonan

AS136 - AirSource Virtual Pilot Union

Acer Aspire 5738G, Intel Core 2 Duo (2.2Ghz), 4GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon (512MB graphics), Windows 7 (64-bit)

Add-ons: Radar Contact V4, Activesky Evolution, FDC Live Cockpit

Flight Planning: FSBuild2, Navigraph nDAC3

Aircrafts: PMDG NGX/747-8i, LDS 767, CS C130

800driver.jpg

Had no idea the yoke had to be centered, hmm, I'll try that one

Andrew Kicklighter

Kansas Glider Pilot and Flight Sim Enthusiast

Assistant of Events at American Airlines Virtual; aavirtual.net

Because in the real aircraft, excessive movement on the yoke with the autopilot enable automatically disconnects it. So the yoke must be near centered for it to connect.

Di Agron

Dell XPS 15 L502X | Intel i5-2540m @ 2.60GHz | 4GB DDR3 1333MHz (2x2GB) | nVidia GT525M | Seagate 500GB 7200RPM | 15" 1366x768 | 23" LG 1360x768 |

Got a hardware question? Ask:

HERE (Mobo's, Ram, CPU's, custom builds, general hardware etc)

HERE (Graphics cards, monitors, drivers etc)

HERE (Peripherals/Hardware and related drivers)

HERE (Internet/Networking)

PMDG FMC NavData out of date message fix HERE

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,670.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now