Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

Assigning NGX to Saitek

Guys, How do I assign things to my Saitek Hardware for the NGX, I cannot do it in the NGX..it only supports Keyboard assignment I think, can you help. I have FSUIPC, do I do it through there, it very complicated!Cheers

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hello, I have a Saitek X52 Pro hardware and need to setup shortcuts in next few days too. Interested to a solution too...If I am not wrong, you could proceed in this way:1. assign a specific feature (TO/GA, speedbrake arm/disarm etc...) to a keyboard button (in FSUIPC and PMDG 737NGX FMC also);2. link the keyboard button to a specifica Saitek harwadre button, switch o axis. It should work, I hope.Bye.

First you use the CDU to assign the keyboard assignments. Then you go into FSUIPC and Click on the Buttons and Switches Tab. Click Aicraft Specific Box. Press the button you want to assign on your joystick. Check the Select For Keypress Box. Now where it says Press the Key(s) to be sent when you press this button put in what you want. Example. I Assigned Disconect Auto Throttle as CTRL-T in the NGX CDU, So I put CTRL-T Repeat above steps for the rest of your buttons. Click Okay at the Bottom when finished assigning all your buttons. If you ever have to come back here and assign more or check to see that your keys are still assigned make sure you Check the box AIRCRAFT SPECIFIC, then press a button on your stick to test and if its still has it's assignment then the correct key command will show up.

I wouldnt bother with this way at all - get LINDA and assign your buttons using that (there a specific NGX profile to download for it to) Far better way of doing it, and gives you chance to assign more buttons to things that arent in the FMC key commands. including FSX specific ones

there a specific NGX profile to download for it I just downloaded LINDA and did not see the NGX profile. Is there another download location? Thanks,Mark

Yes search this forum and it will provide link, otherwise search the Linda Forum which also links to it