Sign in to follow this  
Guest panda234

Stutter Problem...I Need Help Please.

Hi All,I have a p4 @ 3 ghz with 512 of ram a Radeon 9800 pro 128 megs. I installed another 512 megs of ram and know have stutters about every three seconds...yes for the past three days I have been doing everything to correct this. I have all the latest drivers and bios for my computer. Before the added the ram I had no stutters, but now even when I remove the added ram I still get stutters. My framerates are locked at 25 and for the most part stay there. It does not matter if all my sliders are to the left or to the right...the stutter remains. Any help would be great...my head hurts over this.Thanks and take care

Vl3MQY.png

Hi Robert,Just out of curiosity, try clearing all weather while flying. If you have FSUIPC installed, assign CTRL+SHIFT+W to allow you to do it on the fly. I noticed this a while back while flying one of Lago's sceneries - I think it was Diamond Point, if I remember correctly. The problem went away when I cleared all weather and I recall feeling very relieved at the time. It might be worth trying different situations geographically distant from each other as the problem may be restricted to one particular area as it appears to have been with me. I still don't know why :(I assume you have installed Chris's friendly clouds and the realistic water friendly setup I proposed a while back under "Water - my recommendations" ? The latter may be relevant as the water reflection effects cycle continuously over 2-3 second intervals - just a thought.MikeEdit: After posting I realized I have not been back to Diamond Point for some time so have just tried it again. Sadly, despite all of the above, the problem is still there - actually it's more of a pause every 40secs or so, occasionally 2 can occur close together. Clearing the Lago weather setup still clears the problem, however, and I have noted the pauses do not return if I then create my own weather. Odd no-one else seems to have encountered this, at least I've not seen it mentioned, and I have not witnessed the problem anywhere else.

Guest FL_Flyer

Sounds like memory, disk or video sub-system problem. First check memory timings in BIOS. Some motherboards such as MSI are strict about timings. Use by SPD or Auto. Some high performance memory will be unstable if run too conservatively as well. Use the the memory manufacturer recommends as far as CAS, etc. If still having memory problems change which slots the memory is in just for grins and ensure they are seated tight, some motherboards are twitchy that way.If memory is OK check disk sub-system. In BIOS make sure 32 bit access mode and 0 delay turned on for your drives. Also check BIOS IDE config and ensure it is auto or UDMA is enabled. In Windows under device manager make sure DMA access is turned on for each controller. Also in windows fix your virtual memory to 2.5 times your system memory, spread accross two drives if you have more than one HD. If you do, install FS and add-ons to a different drive than windows so there is no bus competition for disk reads (seperate channels). Make sure acceleration is max for video and sound settings in windows and set PC role as server instead of desktop, a real speed-up. If you use NTFS, disable indexing, it makes file searches much faster but if you dont do finds a lot you save a great deal of overhead and speed up disk access in the process. On the video side, set you anti-aliasing and aniso filtering etc. in Windows, disable AA in FS and let card force the AA you set. Do not permit card to render more than 3 frames ahead and you can try sync and no-sync and see if that improves anything.Finally, read the Microsoft article on clean boot for gaming, especially FS9, its on the Microsoft site. Basically you set windows to start with no config.sys, autoexec.bat, sys.ini or win.ini, just drivers and core services are loaded, perfect for running games. Go to www.tweakxp.com and implement some of the tweaks there, especially the one on disabling unnessary windows services for gamers. Good Luck. FL_FlyerAbit IS7 - Bios 1.7 P4c 2.8 @ 3.17, 904 mhz Bus with Hyperthreading & Dual Channel Enabled (AGP/PCI Fixed 66/33, CPU 1.55v Mem 2.8v)Thermaltake P4 Spark 7+ Copper, Temp.Sense Auto Fan Speed (1,300-6,000 rpm) 42c idle 56c full load1 GB Geil Ultra PC3500 Golden Dragon DDR @ 452 mhz 2-6-3-3, 1:1 CPU/Mem Strap, Dual Channel EVGA FX 5900 Ultra 256 MB AGP 8, Perf/AA=2xQ/AS=2/blend/Fog Table enable/128 MB Texture Mem/1280x960@85hz Hidden Settings - 3D Perf set (mem spd @ 850mhz)/Fast Writes Creative Labs SB Live X-Gamer 4/03 Build Drivers19" Monitor, Altec Lansin AD305 Speakers w SubWoofer, MS Sidewinder Pro, CD Writer, DVD ReaderXP Home SP1 v2002, DirectX 9.0b, Intel INF Updt. 5.00.1015, App Accel RAID Ed. 3.52, nvida 53.031,250 GB Virtual Memory Page File per Drive, 2,500 GB total VM, XP Tweaked minimal Services 80 GB Seagate SATA 7,200 150 mbs (SATA RAID Enhanced Mode) Game Drive40 GB Maxtor 7,200 ATA 133 (Limited to ATA100 by chipset) Boot/Windows/Utilities Drive450w Dual Fan PS, Negative Case Pressure - 1 front/1 Side Intake, 2 rear exhaust fans + 2 PS exh Fans 3DMark2001 17,288, PCMark2002 CPU 7,751/Memory 10,068. This puppy rocks and is rock stable!MS fS2004 1280x960 @ 85 on 19"/all sliders maxed & all options on except/AA=Off (Forced by Card)/Lights&Mipmapping=6 Textures=Massive/Realism max/3D Clouds 50%/Cloud Draw 50 Miles/Visibility=80 Miles/Traffic 100% FSUIPC 3.135, AdvDisp 2.123, Radar Contact 3.1 (Awesome ATC much more realistic than FS), MyTraffic 2004 (more accurate than FS and puts correct liveries at correct gates), FSMeteo 6.4 (realtime weather),Captain Sim Legendary 727 (Delta 727-200 Adv only plane flown - nice blond co-pilot too), Flight Deck Companion 1.5,SimFlyers for KMCO/KATL/KEWR/KPHL/CYYZ, FlyTampa for KMIA (only fly east coast delta routes)Ultra Realistic and beautiful - moving gates, moving catering-fuel-push-utility trucks/vehicles, realtime accurate weather from ground to winds aloft allalong route, Full ATC, All Checklists & Procedures, full panels (600+ switches), full crew - Pilot/Co-Pilot/FLT Engineer, Cabin announcements and ambience sounds, Lights Frame Rates: Smooth 10-16 fps at gate, 16-20 taxi/takeoff, 18-25 (locked @ 25) airborn - fps depends on airport (cyyz & kewr the worst Kmia the best), weather,traffic,phase of flight,etc.

Hi Robert,Some time ago I too got strange stutters with my setup which is a lot less of a system than yours. I did the install of Chris Willis's performance clouds and that helped, but still got some stutters. Later someone on the forum wrote about disk defrag.FS9 uses a lot of scenery loads from your HD. If you have fragmented files which are easy to get with all the addon stuff we put on top of the system, the system has to do a lot of thrashing to get the needed files. When that happens there will be a pause to load the appropriate files.I installed a system utility that constantly measures the state of all my hard drives. When it determines that my files are too fragmented, it will do a auto defrag of the HD at night when the system is not in use. I noticed that there was a significant improvment in performance.To test this on your system, go into the Windows system function and defrag your HD that FS9 resides on and see if there is an improvment in your performance.Bob

Guest Dennis_F4i

Have you tried deleting the FS9.cfg file and letting it rebuild itself? Don't know why, but that has helped me in the past. You'll need to reset all your preferences, but if it cures the problem it will be a small price to pay for returning fluid frames.

To all who replied to this thread. I just got up...here in Sweden it is 07:46. I am so overwhelmed at all these replies. This commuity is outstanding. I will now dive in and try again to correct this stutter problem. I will get back to this thread with hopefully a positive reply to you all.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert Looking For A Great VA...Check Us Out www.aavirtual.com

Vl3MQY.png

Robert,One more simple thing - Check your Virtual Cockpit setting - Change it from HIGH to LOW and you will notice a huge difference in stutters.Try it!Tony

Hi All,Good new news, after three days of stutter, I am now stutter free. Makeing a new CFG was great. I rechecked the bios and all looked good. Come to find out it was a bad reinstall of UT, which I reinstall just after the added ram. All was running so well with the added ram, then the stutter came.After three days of hair pulling I just thought back from the start and then UT pop into my mind. I uninstall UT, which by the way removed my FSUPIC MOD...strange and what I think part of the problem. Anyway with a GOOD reintall of UT all is works soooooo GREAT. My 9800 ROCKS and all is on full with FS9 and 9800 is set to max quality and I am pulling 20-25 FPS...locked at 25. Now all I need to do in install AS2...wish me luck.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert Looking For A Great VA...Check Us Out www.aavirtual.com

Vl3MQY.png