Sign in to follow this  
Ourgas2

Throttle position indicator also on other aircraft?

Hi,I was wondering if a throttle position indicator, as indroduced in the 737 NGX, could be applied also to other PMDG products and especially the MD-11?I find this feature one of the most outstanding and helps you to have your throttle correctoly positioned when disengaging the A/P at the critical phase of finals.I don't know if this would be just a matter of a patch to the MD-11 or is more involved? Thanks,Christos

I agree. That is one clever little feature for adapting sims to our solution's limitations.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

I'm surprised Boeing added this, airbus implemented the marker because the thrust levers don't move.I doubt PMDG would add it to the 744/MD11 since it is not available on the real aircraft.Regards

Rob Prest

Hi,I was wondering if a throttle position indicator, as indroduced in the 737 NGX, could be applied also to other PMDG products and especially the MD-11?I find this feature one of the most outstanding and helps you to have your throttle correctoly positioned when disengaging the A/P at the critical phase of finals.I don't know if this would be just a matter of a patch to the MD-11 or is more involved? Thanks,Christos
Yep, very clever feature. Especially the possibility to show the position only when moving the throttles. Really nifty.

Dave P. Woycek

I'm surprised Boeing added this, airbus implemented the marker because the thrust levers don't move. I doubt PMDG would add it to the 744/MD11 since it is not available on the real aircraft. Regards
The real 737 doesn't have this any more than other boeings have it. He is asking because PMDG's NGX has it. True, in the real world is not there, as the real thrust levers physical position is the same as their logical position and shown on screen as they move. Unless you have a moving throttle quadrant, you need this feature in the sim so that, when you disengage auto throttle and your controllers position is considered, thrust doesn't change. They did it on a different color so that you know it doesn't belong in the real airplane.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

I'm surprised Boeing added this, airbus implemented the marker because the thrust levers don't move. I doubt PMDG would add it to the 744/MD11 since it is not available on the real aircraft. Regards
It's not on the real 737 either because you can see visually where the thrust levers are because they move with the autothrottle unlike the airbus (blue indicator, not the white commanded indicator which the real 737 does have).

I don't care if it is present in the real airplane or not. This feature is incredibly useful. I wish I had it in all my FSX planes. Btw, congrats on this fantastic simulation, PMDG!

You have this on the G-5/550. Also when the auto-throttles are turned off, you get a indicator that shows up on the PFD and on the HUD. It shows where to put the throttles based on the auto/manually selected airspeed. This thing works wonders during single flight/approach while at quaterly sims. Just keep the circle directly over the dashed line and you maintain your desired speed.