Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Papy_Pegase

Synchronize ASE for WidevieW

Hello ! I have a WidevieW system : 1 server FSX-SP2 with Wideview server + 2 clients FSX-SP2 with WidevieW clients . In order to achieve a decent weather depiction on server, I use ASE (DWC mode) on another LAN machine. Unfortunately, WidevieW is, in reality, unable to correctly synchronize weather depiction beetween server and clients. Weather synchronization works only with very static depiction (like weather theme). Does it exist a solution to send to each instance of FSX the same depiction from ASE in the same time ?ASE doesn't accept several simultaneous ID connections, as it requests informations from FSX or FS9. But, is it possible to create a program to only "send" the weather depiction, in the same time, to x other instances of FSX or FS9 ( with evidently x ASE licences ) ? Alternatively, I can have ASE installed and licenced on each machine, but in this case, how can I synchronize, easily, these 3 instances of ASE : settings, timing and depiction timing ? By easily, I mean "not by copying laboriously the settings and manually synchronizing the time and briefing on each machine". I should appreciate any suggestion ! Pierre LFBE

Hi, Through all the years nothing has ever been developed to do what you are asking for. The best a few WideView users have done is purchase multiple licenses and run AS on multiple computers. Settings can easily be copied from one computer to another and all the depiction timings are not an issue.

Thanks Jim ! But it would be a fine way to solve this problem : In example, would it be possible to create a light version of ASE able1)- to read current_synthesized_wx or current_wx_snapshot from another ASE instance, and 2)- as soon these files are modified, to inject this weather depiction in local FSX or FS9. Only one instance of ASE to connect to Internet and a sure way to have exactly the same depiction on multiple computers.After that, naturally, FSX or FS9 will be able to completely mess these datas to give us an "as real as it gets" random weather :-) Again, thank you and long live to ASE ! Pierre LFBE