Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psolk

A possible Haze enhancement?

Hi Jim, Hi Damian, Hope all is well with both of you. Sorry Jim, guess it is back to school time :(.... Was flying/thinking last night, flying I do often, thinking not so much but I did have an idea regarding the way haze pops in/out at your defined visibility ceiling and was wondering if there was any way to make it a 4 step process oppossed to on/off? Something like this:Visibiliy ceiling 10000-14000 feet Then passing 10000 rather than just flipping the on/off switch it decreases by 25%Passing 11000 decrease another 25%" 12000 " " "" 13000 " " " And as you pass 14000 it goes off... Then as you descend the process would reverse.passing 14000 increase by 25% and so on and so forth until it is full by the time you pass 10000 This would just allow it to be a more gradual process opposed to the current on/off we have today. Not sure if it it even feasible or possible but thought it would be a nice option if it could be done. Thanks for listening :)Paul PS... No way to re-institue the refreash AI on initial wxr set option huh? I miss that one terribly ;) Thanks again, extremely grateful as always...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

doesn't fsuipc do this? graduated visibilty option, I remember asking Pete for this years ago so he made it a feature

Hi Paul, Yes, school meetings start very soon, and kids return in 2 weeks. Have you tried the newer Graduated Ceiling option and set the ceiling to around the altitude you fly at? No matter, I will make the suggestions for a future program!