Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Anyone have a link to a tutorial - text or video - for startup of 737NGX

Mini Tutorial I am looking for a by - the - book (FCOM) startup from Cold and Dark to Ready for taxi or takeoff for the PMDG 737NGX. Please - no responses stating "Read the the f...ing manual." What I am seeking is what is actually being performed, lots of options in the printed manuals. The sequences around engine start is most keenest interest today. Of course, we only have the 800/900 so that is my specific interest. Thanks. PM me if you have something other than a link. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

In this case, RTFFCOMV1.Angel.gif Seriously I've been thinking about writing a "by the book" start up tutorial or "cheat sheet". Maybe I'll follow through with that after my check ride this week, as most of the Youtube offerings are very inaccurate. Sorry that's all I have, but I helped bump your topic none-the-less!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Hi, I recommend you watch in HD & Fullscreen .
Thanks Hikmet for your time and effort to make and post the video, I watched it several times before. I am confused and really in the dark, so to speak, about the relationship of the isolation value, bleeds, fuel pumps, hydraulic pumps, packs, and power and the proper sequence or timing. I have a fairly good, although simulated, grasp of most of the other logic and reasoning. I really would like to see someone spend some time explaining a little of the why, and what for, along with the flip and turn. A mini-tutorial for this area is needed. Not everyone is an airline pilot on layover or has spend the last 3 years playing with this thing. I know - RTFM - but there are so many manuals and so many pages and it is so very boring - with so may options - yuck. BTW - narration is a wonder thing when you make a video for FS pilots. Background music is old school, I understand. I personally enjoy hearing the clicks, hums, spins, and clunks from the cockpit. The attached panel is what is giving me the gas. See below. Ray
In this case, RTFFCOMV1.Angel.gif Seriously I've been thinking about writing a "by the book" start up tutorial or "cheat sheet". Maybe I'll follow through with that after my check ride this week, as most of the Youtube offerings are very inaccurate. Sorry that's all I have, but I helped bump your topic none-the-less!
Zack, I sure hope you do. I am willing to beta test it for you. Wide, narrow, and soonest. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Only Activate left AFT fuel pump when APU is on the BUS !!!!!!