Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GT Flyer

Can't Save 737NGX Flight

Before quitting fsx when flying 737 NGX I save the flight but when I try to restart the sim again I keep getting a fatal error and fsx crashes to desktop. This keeps happening and the only way to restart fsx is to delete the saved files from the my Docs FSX folder. If i save the flight using any other aircraft besides the 737 ngx it doesn't cause the sim to crash. Any ideas out there guys has anyone else had this problem and if so how do we fix it? Thinking.gif ThanksGraeme Tongs 737ngx fan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi the trick is easy - it is a bug in NGX.Disconnect all joystics, then load the saved flight (fsx won't crash)connect joystick and fly.... Bilbo

Before quitting fsx when flying 737 NGX I save the flight but when I try to restart the sim again I keep getting a fatal error and fsx crashes to desktop. This keeps happening and the only way to restart fsx is to delete the saved files from the my Docs FSX folder. If i save the flight using any other aircraft besides the 737 ngx it doesn't cause the sim to crash. Any ideas out there guys 737ngx fanhas anyone else had this problem and if so how do we fix it? Thinking.gif ThanksGraeme Tongs
Hi Graeme! I too have that same issue and I still have RTM version because it is the only issue I have had to contend with. My work-around is, first of all, not to use NGX situation as my STARTUP for FSX. Instead I use one of the FSX default 738's. The second point is to always save the situation when the plane is either in level flight or on the ground. In those two situations I find I am able to reload the situation without getting the FSX fatal error. If I save a file when plane is climbing, descending, or on approach, then I get a fatal error when I try to reload that situation. Also I have a Quad core and have set my FSX affinity to "14". I have not had freezes or CTD's (except as already noted) and I use "full screen" mode. Switching back and forth to menus or even to my desk top has not cause any problems. Hope this helps. Oh, BTW, I do not have any hardware connected to my system and since I was still having same problem as you, I don't think that is the issue. It is some bug in NGX that hopefully will be fixed with SP1. If that is your only problem, consider yourself fortunate.