Sign in to follow this  
Putt4eagle

No throttle response

Is this possible? I have the engines running, pushed off the gate, all seems fine. Push the throttle forward slightly (animation works) and no engine response. So I push a little more and get the warning buzzer but the engines still don't respond. Duct pressure reads 0. I start the APU and get the pressure up but still no engine response. I am stuck. What am I doing wrong?

Are the chocks off ?? You can take them off in the CDU FS Actions section under Ground Connections. Worth a try. Fred.

No, no chocks. The plane is in flight conditions. Ready to taxi. The engines just don't respond to the increase in the throttle. I can see the throttles move forward, I am watching the gauges. N1, N2 nothing. Throttles full, the warning horn goes off but no increase in the n1 or n2. No sound of the engines increasing thrust. There is no response at all.

No, no chocks. The plane is in flight conditions. Ready to taxi. The engines just don't respond to the increase in the throttle. I can see the throttles move forward, I am watching the gauges. N1, N2 nothing. Throttles full, the warning horn goes off but no increase in the n1 or n2. No sound of the engines increasing thrust. There is no response at all.
Are you using hardware throttles ? CH or maybe Saitek ? If so then it has to do with them not being setup properly for the NGX.I have seen a few threads recently about that problem.

hey mate I found the answer....you have to load up the default cessna or some other aircraft BEFORE you load the NGX. I had the same issue and figured out, through one of the responses, that you should reload a diff a/c before the NGX...this ensures everything is loaded correctly in the sim. Haven't had an issue since. ps. I use the ch pro quad throttle and the left engine was disconnected from the throttle control. Hope that works for you too.

Are you using hardware throttles ? CH or maybe Saitek ? If so then it has to do with them not being setup properly for the NGX.I have seen a few threads recently about that problem.
No, it's not a hardware issue. I see the throttles move forward in the VC when I adjust the throttle.

hey mate I found the answer....you have to load up the default cessna or some other aircraft BEFORE you load the NGX. I had the same issue and figured out, through one of the responses, that you should reload a diff a/c before the NGX...this ensures everything is loaded correctly in the sim. Haven't had an issue since. ps. I use the ch pro quad throttle and the left engine was disconnected from the throttle control. Hope that works for you too.
Well, I will be... That worked. Thanks. I have been flying this plane for several weeks without issue and then all the sudden... Weird.