Sign in to follow this  
VirginAus737

No Preview DX10 Option

Well, as the topic states, its not in the options. I have done the latest update from microsoft and reinstalled the Acceleration pack, what should I be trying now?

What does it show when you run Dxdiag ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

There are three requirements that must be met before that option will appear in the FSX menu:

1. Operating system must support DX10
  2. Video card must support DX10
  3. Application must support DX10

Since you don't see the option, and we know that Win7 and FSX both support DX10, that leaves only the video card as the bottleneck...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

As his video card is a GTX 570, I guess he is not on FSX SP2.

As his video card is a GTX 570, I guess he is not on FSX SP2.
Ah, yes! I failed to note the GTX 570 card in the list. Of course, SP2 or Acceleration will be needed for DX10 to be an option... ohmy.png

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest firehawk44

What version of FSX do you have? Standard or Deluxe? It may not make any difference but DX10 preview may require the Deluxe or Gold Edition. I did a lot of searching though and could not find anything that says the Standard version is incompatible with DX10 preview. But, it's a possibility.... I'm not sure what you mean by installing the latest update from Microsoft and reinstalling Acceleration. What was the latest update from Microsoft? Both SP1 and SP2 are included with Acceleration. If you installed a Windows 7 update to your system, can you uninstall it and check to see if this fixes the problem? I would also rename or delete the fsx.cfg, restart fsx, then let it rebuild so that it can go through the process of identifying your video card again. Another option would be to reinsert the FSX DVD and select "repair" when the screen comes up. Then, reinsert the Acceleration DVD and select "repair" when that screen comes up. Best regards,Jim