Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ontheair

NGX and JS41 FPLs

I have both the PMDG JS41 and 737NGX FSX addons The saved JS41 FPLs are stored into FSX\PMDG\FlightPlans and the 737 NGX ones into FSX\PMDG\FlightPlans\NGX When loading an already saved NGX FPL (via the CO-ROUTE select key), all the JS41 FPLs are listed first (are they NGX compatible ? that's another question) and the NGX ones are located at the end of the list (no need to open the NGX folder). When the saved FPLs first pages are displayed I can directly go to the end of the list just by hitting the PREV page button. My question : to avoid such a minor issue, is there a way to only select the NGX FPLs whose departure is the airport where the airplane is currently located, just like the way it's done with the JS41 ? I tried to create a JS41 folder inside the PMDG FilghtPlans folder to store the corresponding JS41 FPLs, but it does not work any longer when trying to select a saved JS41 FPL

Not sure if this will answer both questions but here goes. No matter if you fly the 747, 737 NBX, J41 or the MD11 they all use the .RTE plans. Now I know where I`m flying from and to so I let them all be planned and installed in the default folder, no matter if they be 737 NGX, J41 or 747 (I haven`t got the MD11 yet). As far as I recall the 737 NGX for me always starts displaying the flights in the CDU starting from the airport the CDU is currently set to when I set the IRS by keying in the airport identifier, clicking on the coordinates and setting the IRS with them. Incidentally, when I flight plan (using FSBuild 2) I do a .RTE plan and an identical .pln type for the standard FSX flight plan type. This way I can use a live map from Plan G that displays the exact same route as the one I`m flying in the 737 NGX or any of the others. I can connect to FSX using Simconnect in the background via Plan G (does it automatically). This then displays my plane in yellow and all the AI aircraft around me too. When I take off and use the LNav/VNav I see the aircraft following the same route displayed in Plan G and have the benefit of learning a little more Georgraphy as I see the Towns/Cities/Countries I pass through. http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/planG.htm Plan G is free by the way. Though its well worthy of payware status and better than some software that has to be paid for IMHO. Steve

Steve Brooks

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg