Dear All, I bought Acer HN27H today. Virtual cockpit is in 3D but external views are not.Anyone can help me? Thx. Edward

Which aircraft are you using ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I tested every aircraft i've, eg PMDG 737, carenado.....the issue is in the virtual cockpit mode, the cockpit is in 3d, but the landscape, buildings, etc. are not. when i changed to external view, there is no 3d effect at all.....very strange.... Edward

I tested every aircraft i've, eg PMDG 737, carenado.....the issue is in the virtual cockpit mode, the cockpit is in 3d, but the landscape, buildings, etc. are not. when i changed to external view, there is no 3d effect at all.....very strange.... Edward
I don't the external views would be 3d, as the VC is a 3d pit.

FSX doesn't support 3D vision, so there are going to be bugs when using it. The only part of the whole sim that should work with 3D vision is the 3D cockpit. The rest wont

U mean external view is not in 3D?Edward
Yes sir external is not 3d.

Thx for your info.However, I did read in some other posts saying that the landscape buildings are all in 3D. I'm a bit confused now....Edward

Thx for your info.However, I did read in some other posts saying that the landscape buildings are all in 3D. I'm a bit confused now....Edward
Not 3d as in using a 3d monitor and glasses , they are 3d in normal view. The 3d pits could be used with a 3d monitor and glasses.

Only with certain sceneries which the developer has (tried) to optimise for 3D. The simple fact is, 3D computer monitors and TV's didn't exist when FSX was made. However...with Samsung 3D tv's, you can use their real-time 3D which does work on everything.

Thx a lot.Really disappointed.I bought the Acer 3D monitor because I want to try out 3D in FSX.I did read some posts saying that the effect is astounishing, especially taking VRS F18 in grand canyon..... EdwardI can't accept this is a fact.......Praying.gif

Thx a lot.Really disappointed.I bought the Acer 3D monitor because I want to try out 3D in FSX.I did read some posts saying that the effect is astounishing, especially taking VRS F18 in grand canyon..... Edward I can't accept this is a fact.......Praying.gif
It could be the addon sceneries

Thx All.Last 2 questions, (1) how come someone said FSX works "well" in Anaglyph 3D mode; and (2) "However...with Samsung 3D tv's, you can use their real-time 3D which does work on everything", you mean Samsung can play FSX in all 3D mode? How come Acer cannot? Regards,Edward

Samsung 3D TV's have a built in option to convert non-3D images to 3D in real-time (as the picture happens). Acer monitors dont have this option. Depends what they call working well