Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul Deemer

Having Trouble seeing Runway on Approach in 2d-Panel View?

Just a tip for 2D-Panel users like me that could not see the runway on approach. Easy fix for that. Go to your FSX folder, Then Simobjects Folder, Then Airplanes Folder, Then PMDG 737-800NGX Folder, Then Panel Folder. Load up the panel.cfg file with windows notepad editor Scroll down until you see [VIEWS] Replace the View_Forward Line with the one below. VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.3, 0.0, 0.0 Got those numbers from the PMDG MD-11 panel and it works perfect. You can now see the runway on approach and you can also see your landing lights better on the runway when taking off. Give it a try. You only need to edit that one panel.cfg because the other 3 models of the NGX are aliased to that panel.cfg file you just edited.

Paul Deemer

or you can use the key assigments to view up or down or left or right

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

or you can use the key assigments to view up or down or left or right
It is not the same thing Pete. When you use the Key assignments to view downward your just looking down or up and although this works as well it is different.Changing the values above changes the eye level height. Try it and you will see its a much better approach, and you never have to use the keys again.

Paul Deemer

It is not the same thing Pete. When you use the Key assignments to view further downward your just looking down or up and although this works as well its different. Changing the values above changes the eye level height. Try it and you will see its a much better approach, and you never have to use the keys again.
ah k thanks for your advice didnt know that, anyways i always land and take off in vc view anywayjust tried your suggestion and yes makes alot off difference now to change my views in my other aircraft thanks again for the tip to the op

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg