Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

Trouble Uploading

I tried to upoad to the library this morning but the upload itself took forever to the extent that i had to cancel it. The browser indicated that it was waiting for a connection although there appeared to be activity on the network. Is there a problem? The file was within the size limit so it shouldn't take that long.vololiberista

Hi vololiberista,Its possible this may have been due to Hurricane Irene causing power outs in the US, around the area where the AVSIM severs are. It should be alright now, we've had uploads coming through successfully today - try again and let us know if you continue to have upload problems. Also what browser are you using? If its IE9, then I suggest you try Firefox of GoogleChrome. IE9 is full of issues.

Hi,I'm using Firefox. I'll give it another go soon.Thanksvololiberista I tried again and am getting the same problem. The browser says "connecting" - "request sent to library avsim.net" and both activity signals in my bottom right corner are light blue indicating activity. So I can't see if a. I "am" waiting for a response or b. it is uploading very very slowly.

Not sure why these problems are occurring. All is working well in the library. How big is/are the file/s you're uploading? The max we accept is 250MB in a single file (we've increased it from the previous 100MB max). At any rate if the files are big it may take a little longer to upload. EDIT:I think I've just seen two files which may be from you in the library - New Vickers VC10 Panel (part 1 and 2). Will link them together.