Sign in to follow this  
stigt

Reinstall after a couple of years absence

Hi all, I am returning to flightsimming after a couple of years absence. I would like to reinstall Radar Contact, which I own on CD. It is version 4.0 however, and I only see an install option for FS2004.Do I need to buy the software a second time or can I download an update and use my old serial number? Best regards,

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme / Kingston 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL15

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 

First what version of RC is on your CD? Browse the CD and see if you can select properties and get the version number of the .exe. The current version is 4.0.3845 or 4 build 3845. 3843 can work also. If you need a download of the latest version send an e-mail to jd@jdtllc.com subject RC4 download link for update. Include the name you originally registered under along with the original e-mail address and ask that your user information be updated in the database so you can take advantage of the auto registration system. Be sure jdtllc.com is allowed through your pc and isp spam filters. For Win 7 and VISTA the first time you run rcv4,exe for the install you will need to start it by right clicking on it and selecting run as admin. This is different than logging in as an admin. After install is completed set up a shortcut to rcv4.exe and set its properties to run as admin. The program level of run as admin (not user level) is required for RC to access your FS application and your documents area where plans, wxr, and flt files are stored and to "talk" to FS via FSUIPC. This application setting is also needed to build your scenery database. After the installation and registration succeeds be sure to update to the latest version of FSUIPC and makerwys.exe as noted in the pinned forum topic. Win 7 and VISTA users should read both the top two pinned topics in this forum. Give a couple of days for jd to respond. There have been intermittent weather caused delays in the server areas for download and e-mail.

Hi Ron, It all worked out, I just received my new key and am running 4.3 now. Thanks for the swift help. best regards,

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme / Kingston 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL15

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 

Remember to upgrade FSUIPC and makerwys.exe and then rebuild your scenery. There have been quite a few corrections from the distribution versions!