Sign in to follow this  
furia-spain

FSX Damage configuration with NGX

I am absolutely enjoying the PMDG 737NGX. You guys have forced me to ditch my FS2004 with a ton of payware addons and carefully crafted configuration for the new adventure of FSX. So lets say I am old hand in FS2004 but a total NOOB in FSX.I have carefully followed all the PMDG recomendation for setting FSX to work with NGX and I have to say this is a real jump in PC simulations. However I have some doubts about the appropiate damage configuration for the NGX and also for FSX.I do all my flights online in VATSIM, and I have dissabled the "Allow collisions with other aircraft" but in the sake of realism I would like to use the "Detect crashes and Damage" and "Aircraft Stress causes Damage" I Have seen on the recomended configuration guide that no FSX engine modelled damage is advisable and I wonder if the other "Detect crashes and Damage" and "Aircraft Stress causes Damage" settings are ok with the NGX. I would also like to know if it would be possible to configure the FSX damage system so it does not kill a full aircraft when parking at 0.5 knts the wingtip bruishes the finger or some building.It is very annoying that if due some scenery glitch the airplane just bruishes an airport object the full aircraft is considered "CRASH" and the FSX reloads to the initial mission starting including moving the aircraft to the departure. This is very annying and although I know I can dissable that just simply dissabling detect crashes and damage, this for me would render the simulator completely arcradish since I would be able to make a touchdown with 6000 feet negative vario and no damage.Does anyone know how to "adjust" the damage settings in good realistic way but without affecting the NGX required configurations? Thanks in advance!!!

Just disable "Aircraft Stress causes Damage" and you're good.

It is very annoying that if due some scenery glitch the airplane just bruishes an airport object the full aircraft is considered "CRASH" and the FSX reloads to the initial mission
Disable crashes if this is a problem. Best regards,Robin.

Just becareful because FSX Passenger X enables crash detection when you start a flight, it's annoying.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.