Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Brake Failure !

During taxi at my departing airfield I noticed the brakes were not working, there were no warning indications and I checked both system pressure and brake pressure, all ok. As I have set the brakes to the slider on my Saitek X52 via FSUIPC I assumed that was the problem. I took off as normal and forgot about the brakes until I needed them on the landing roll - Oops !! ended up in the grass at the end of the runway ....lucky I wasn't flying online. The FSUIPC settings appeared ok so I looked in the FMC failures and sure enough it said 'Brake Failure' - I only have Service Based Failures active. I looked in the QRH and could find nothing relating to Brake Failure, only 'Loss of Brake Pressure' which didn't apply in this case.. If this is in the QRH I couldn't find it, also what could have failed if the pressures were ok ? Glen

Glen

Can anyone point me to the procedure in the QRH section for 'Brake Failure', not Brake Hyraulic failure which did not happen in this case. Thanks

Glen

This may not have been an actual "failure." Take a look through the forums. There are a number of posts discussing brake issues such as this. To answer your question, the section of the QRH is aptly titled SP1. Not really, but you get it... Trevor

Today I did another flight and again I had this problem when I checked after pushing back. Easy to fix by simply selecting to clear all failures but why do I get this failure in the first place when I have no failure modeling of any kind activated?! Is this a confirmed bug or is it me doing anything wrong...?

Richard Åsberg

Yep...I'm using CH pedals and I can't find it but someone told me in another thread that the problem might be caused by "spikes" from the pedals and if that happens at the same time the chocks are removed this problem might hit you. Since then I've tried fixing it by adding dead-zones in FSX controller settings but apparently to no avail.What I still don't understand is how this can cause a "real" failure in the NGX failure model when I have all kind of failures disabled?

Richard Åsberg