Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch

VC not working anymore

Hi, after installing the latest Hotfix, I haven't got any more freezes, but now I encountered a new problem I haven't read about by now. My NGX didn't freeze, it was still completely controllable but only in the 2D-Cockpit and also all 2D-panels. My josystick and thrust lever still interacted with the aircraft, as well as the keyboard I just wasn't able to click any knobs or switches in the VC anymore. So the didn't freeze completely it just refuses to take any imputs from my mouse. A FSX restart did not help! It still frozen... Anyone else here who had a similiar problem like me?

In 16 minutes... not an answer - we have other lives too. Press 'A' a few times... maybe you're just starting in 2D view and getting mixed up.If not then all I think of is a re-install of the NGX.

Not correct, 1 hour and 16 minutes. How shall a reinstall help? I know, it's a standard solution but the freeze just came out of nowhere so there must be another solution. I already submited a ticket.

Not correct, 1 hour and 16 minutes.
Touche! If you have submitted a ticket.. let them deal with it.

Have you tried this little trick Jordan mentioned?At least it's sufficient to switch *once* to 2D view and back (Shift+A / A). I often encounter this problem when flying over a vast landscape without any airport in the vincinity (the sea, for example). When you step through the different views, FSX won't find a tower view and the next time you arrive in your VC, it looks freezed - although the aircraft flies and reacts properly to your inputs. The important thing is just to switch between 2D and 3D cockpit view. This way, FSX reloads the panel itself but won't hang because any missing view. Perhaps it works... :-)Maximilian Gröber

Ok, I think it has something to do with EZCA. I deleted the 'Pilot in Command' camera and created it new and now everything works fine again. Is this problem EZCA related and perhaps has nothing to do with the NGX?