Sign in to follow this  
Martin Harasimowicz

Incessant Noise From Nav Radio?

I'm currently cruising on my way.. sitting at FL390... I am noticing an incessant frequent beeping from what appears to be the nav radios as if they were on a localizer... while cruising.. Anyone know what this is and how to make it stop? I have nothing selected on the efis panel, nor do i have any of the nav radios active on the center console

Sounds like the Morse code from a VOR. You can turn down the sound on the radio panel. Mark.

Mark   CYYZ      

you have likely mapped a button FSX uses to turn on/off the adf/vor ident tones. If so, simply remap them to something else.

Hi there, I had the same problem. I use EZDOK camera and CTR 1, 2 etc for the 3d panels.these commands however, also turn on/off the VOR IDENT etc.So, I disabled the commands in FS options menu (Controls, RADIO) and I still got the noise.As it turns out, there is one item MISSING in the list of radio-controls in FS, namely the DME ident on/off.(CTRL 4)This thing would go on/off beeping each time I selected CTRL 4, which is the FMS in my configuration. So, since I could not disable the command in FS, I simply selected a command I never use(in this case "ADF select") and assigned it via "change assignment": CTRL 4.You get a warning that this command is already assigned to DME ident on/off,just go ahead. This way you gave the command to something innocent, so to speak,and the DME ident is off. My advice is to do this with the default cessna selected, and the master radio on.You will see the light "DME ident" on the radio panel going on/off with CTRL 4.Make sure it is off, before you change the controls. Good luck, Wijnand LIndelauf (EHBK)