Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

NGX and Multi Monitors

Hi, Will be purchasing the NGX this week, just getting FSX prepped, FS9 is still my main sim for various reasons but I have a question regarding the NGX in FSX. Is there any problems running the VC on my main 50" screen and the MCDU, EICAS etc on two smaller 14" screens? This is how I have the MD11 and 744F on running on FS9. Specs are Win7 64bit Nvidia 560ti Cheers

Rob Prest

Main 50" screen... <stares at the screen blankly for a moment>I want that! :( Seriously now, don't take my word for it because I fly VC exclusively and only use a single monitor, but as far as I know the only panel that doesn't have a 2D equivalent is the throttle area and the starter switches so you should have no problem doing what you describe with the other panels.

I've done 2 monitors set up like yours & 3 monitors in surround plus a 4th accessory monitor. No problems with eother setup besides the usual performance hit.

Ok thanks, I have Win7 running fine with all my other software inluding the A-10. I just heard that Win7 and FSX is it bit funny with multi monitors in fullscreen. If that is just idle rumors then thats all cool and I can figure it out. Cheers

Rob Prest

It depends what you want to do with the multiple monitors. If you're just extending the desktop & using undocked panels that's fine. NVidia surround can be finicky sometimes. I'f I have my accessory monitor set in portrait mode the pc sometimes disables pcie1, killing all but screens 3 & 4 & resets them to the lowest resolution. If I keep it in landscape it recognizes all 3 pci slots & whatever display settings I had before. That's independent of FSX though. Only issue I've had with FSX (if it even is an issue) is that at 5900x1080, none of the graphics settings give a visible increase or decrease in performance. 100% autogen/trafficappears to perform the same for me as 0% autogen/traffic or anywhere between. Another quirk I've noticed is that framerates halve when I undock a panel to the accessory monitor. Locking my frames externally at 40 yields 20fps on the surround displays & 20 on the accessory display. 30 externally gives 15 each, etc...

I use 56" and 24" for avilasoft efb full screen on it with some 2d panels as needed no problem at all. Mostly use ezdoc in vc so that frees up other monitor for efb. I also use fs commander to load my route into pmdg untill efb gets a fix to load flight paln into it.