Sign in to follow this  
Capt Richardo

Saitek Yoke Pitch Mod for my NGX

Just a quick one on a mod I carried out on my Saitek yoke while I had it apart to clean the pots. Inside the main box you will see a spring about 30mm long which is one of two which centre the pitch axis (can be identified by moving the yoke in pitch, the other spring is obscured by the internal workings so it’s hard to see). If you remove this spring it halves the resistance around the centre thus making the yoke more realistic and easier to use (especially for fine control inputs). I personally find it a 100% improvement when flying the NGX. If you need help in doing this mod do a search on the web as there are a few pages floating around on this subject. WarningCarry out this mod at your own risk.Ensure you disconnect the yoke from the PC while you carry out this mod.This will invalidate your warrantee. Enjoy Rich

Just a quick one on a mod I carried out on my Saitek yoke while I had it apart to clean the pots. Rich
Rich How sucessful was your POT cleaning exercise.? What did you use to "clean" the pots. ? I am sure others would be interested in your practical results, as it seems many others are suffereing from Noisy Saitek yoke pots.

I've removed both springs and replaced them with two strong rubbers.In my opinion it feels much better with the NGX Ben