Sign in to follow this  
Geargrip

Eyefinity VC - Can't zoom out enough

Greetings All,I've searched and not found a similar issue, if it has been brought up before - I apologize. I am attempting to fly the 737NGX via the VC through eyefinity with 3 monitors. FSX is configured with the proper resolution and the config file has the wideview set to TRUE. The problem is that it places me WAYYYY too close to the windscreen. Even if I zoom all the way out to .3, I still can't see anything inside except the glareshield. Then, as I move my point of view back, the seat gets in the way (and then the bulkhead). Does anyone out there have any suggestions? Anyone running eyefinity that can share their setup that i can emulate? The view is fine when runnning on one screen - and I know eyefinity is running properly as it works great with my iRacing. Running the pictures through a MSI R6950 card, by the way just in case that's relevent ;-) Thanks all for whatever wisdom you can share.

Allright, so my Father was right - I AM an idiot. I was editing the wrong FSX.CFG file. It seems that when I searched for it, I picked the one that was already in a notepad format, as opposed to the real one. It has been a while since I've been active with FSX, and I'm glad to be back, but geez.

Allright, so my Father was right - I AM an idiot. I was editing the wrong FSX.CFG file. It seems that when I searched for it, I picked the one that was already in a notepad format, as opposed to the real one. It has been a while since I've been active with FSX, and I'm glad to be back, but geez.
LOL. One way to avoid this happening again is to associate .CFG file extensions with notepad. That way you can open any config file easily rather than temporarily renaming them. It helps to uncheck "hide known file extensions".Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Geargrip, Can you please show me your display setup? I would like to know how it looks like to have 3 monitors running FSX with the PMDG.

Sure nazg, let's see if this works: http://render5.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3Axxr%3D0-qpDPfRt7Pf7mrPfrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxla0nxGPGxQoaxv8uOc5xQoPQ0oQenGQoaqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6qgX0QPGe%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=52,96,96 A couple of things I have learned:

• My center monitor is different than the 2 I recently bought - therefore the colors are a bit different and may never totally match
  • Even though they are all 24", the newer ones are slightly shorter, they are 1080 and the middle one is 1200...so they don't match up perfectly as can be seen in the photo

I'll be getting a third to match the other two fairly soon. Love it though! The ability to have the visual cues in your peripheral vision definately makes it much easier to suspend disbelief. Especially when engaging in something with a lot of action, like iRacing. But, it definately has made flying a lot more fun. My neighbor came by and blew him away. I did not show him the other home cockpits out there that would make this look pretty hokey. I'm sure frame rates took a hit, but I limit it to 30 anyway and run everything at max.

Hi Geargrip, The image is extremely small, so I can't see it. Is it possible that you post a bigger one?

You can also adjust your view-point inside the sim with the Ctrl+Backspace/Ctrl+Enter/Shift+Enter/Shift+Backspace...etc..