Sign in to follow this  
sarahguiney

Canadian Carriers

Hi everyone, I saw a few requests for the Sungwing livery so I decided to tackle it as my very first repaint. lol, looks like badderjet beat me to the punch, I didn't realize anyone else was doing one. I got stuck on the tail section where the texture splits apart, just cant get it to line up right. you can see it in the Picture below. Not much point for me to release this one now that someone has one done, but it would be great if someone could give some pointers as how to fix my problem. 6152135557_b57b80733d_b.jpg

Well yeah, just look how I did it on mine... I don't know why that is, but it's always at the joints between different texture parts, like fuselage side/belly or fuselage side/roof. There will always be some break that wants to be tweaked. Basically you'll want to resemble that very break visible in the screenshot in the texture. Which means to split it up into an upper and lower part, and pull the lower part forward, for instance. The textures sometimes have to be weird in order to look correct in the sim. This tweaking and aligning takes up pretty much 90% of the time IMHO, but maybe I'm just doing things wrong. sig.gif For example also here, look how the texture has gotta be in order to look kinda correct in the sim. That tweaking part really freaks me out the very most as I don't see or have any systematic approach as how to get to the desired results. weirdo.jpg

So basically its just trial and error tweaking it till I get it to look right? Is there any apps besides FS Repaint that are freeware to view models outside of FSX? Jeff White

For me it's been trial and error, yes. Maybe there are smarter people out there though that know how it's really done. Dunno if you can quickly render outside FSX, I'd actually want something like that too haha. The updating and reloading again wastes a lot of time just as well. sig.gif

Well, trial and error consumes time ALOT!!! The Canjet livery is on hold because it looks easy to do but the blue top part is one of a hell thing to do. Add the white line on top of that and it makes it not fun to do anymore. :x I am doing my best to get answers to get it done for you guys but Im frustrated at this stage! If someone would like to help me with the back of the airplane is welcome, I could share my work with no problemo.? (everything done except fuse 3)

I don't know what's wrong with the blue, it looks good in the shots?? Otherwise shoot over a PM if you like. sig.gif

Hi everyone, I saw a few requests for the Sungwing livery so I decided to tackle it as my very first repaint. lol, looks like badderjet beat me to the punch, I didn't realize anyone else was doing one. I got stuck on the tail section where the texture splits apart, just cant get it to line up right. you can see it in the Picture below. Not much point for me to release this one now that someone has one done, but it would be great if someone could give some pointers as how to fix my problem. 6152135557_b57b80733d_b.jpg
Ah heck it looks fine I'd download that right now I'm not fussy. send me the file if you want. Pm me.

Wayne Larsen