Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flya150

GNS 530 Contrast / Brightness

The contrast or brightness on the GNS530 is too bright. If you look at the 2 pictures I have posted you will see a very distinct difference between Carenados C210 and their C337. As a test I swapped the C337 GPS for the C210’s GPS gauge but it’s still the same so it looks like something the guys at Carenado will have to do to correct this. C337 398413909.jpgC210 398413908.jpgflya150

Mine is even brighter than this. It's so bright I can't even use the map sometimes. I don't know if the direction of the sun has anything to do with it? But it does make this unit unusable mostly.

yes it is very bright in the 337. The 210 use the same GPS code as the 337 so there is not really a difference from what i can see between the 2 GPS's coding. So I suspect that is due to the "model" and to get not such a bright view it will have to be corrected in the "model" I remmeber a simmilar discussionlong ago with the realair team and their duke. Rob then informed me that the brightness was due to the way the "model" was build. that is why the same gps "CODE" is bright in one plane and not so bright in another In the mean time I am investigating a solution, but to be honest I think it will have to be done in the model and only carenado can do that.. Remember that the GPS is behind the model that show it very bright. if you click the popup, it is the same GPS but not behind he "model" and then it show perfectly good in the popup. Another reason I say it is the model is it is coded into the model of teh katanax4 where you can basically set the "brightness" of the "modelled" GPS. carenado only recently starting to add the GPS 3D model so I guess it is still new ground for them..!!.