Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

PLAN/FUEL. TOTAL USED. FMC

I have a problem. I ALWAYS use a navlog with fuel predicitons from FS Build on every flight and I try to write down time from t/o, fuel burned, fuel remainig but I have a problem.My upper ECAIS Screen has a fuel total; for example it will say 12.1, then in the FMC it will always say something like 13.2 of 11.1, its never what me ECIAS is telling me but it's always a little below or above. Which one is correct and which one should I writing in my nav log wheile tracking my flight?PLAN/FUEL (FMC)This is an area in the FMC where I have to put something in; either the trips planned fuel or maybe the fuel I loaded into the NGX...I just don't understand whats its for and I think im screwing things up because I always put the fuel I load into the airplane. Total Fuel Used.I noticed there is a switch near the Upper ECIAS that I can dispaly the fuel used per engine, but is there an easier way to get this info. The reason I ask is because I have to add them up in my because they are for each engine and maybe there is a difference between that number and what the FMC thinks I burned. One of you experience NG drivers please help.Other then that EVERY flight is successful to say the least. Cheers

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Anyone? I would think this would be a common problem with new NG drivers, I check FCOM and Im sure its in there but I cannot find it.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I haven't noticed the discrepancy between the EICAS and the FMC. I'll have to check later and report back. The "plan fuel" entry in the CDU is in case you expect to load fuel onto the aircraft after setting up the perf pages. This tells the FMC that it should calculate performance based on the fuel you WILL have, versus the fuel you CURRENTLY have onboard. For total used, I check the Prog page on the CDU. That's just my preference.

I check FCOM and Im sure its in there but I cannot find it.
Yes, because it's in the intro. And BTW I'd definitely use the EICAS reading... sig.gif

so no need to entry the PLAN/FUEL entry right?

Ron Hamilton

Ok cool thanks much, say why is there a difference between FMC and ECIAS Indications on Total Fuel?

Ron Hamilton