Sign in to follow this  
RestUnknown

Keyboard doesn't work anymore

Hi all All of the sudden, my keyboard doesn't respond in FS2004. Yesterday all went fine, but today, nada.I've looked on the internet and some say resetting to defaults should do it, but it doesn't. And others say reinstallingFS2004, as I really don't want to do that, I'm hoping someone has another solution? Just discovered that this only happens with the PMDG's. Gonna reinstall them and let you know. Is it possible this is due to the installation of an aircraft (the Concorde)?

Is it possible this is due to the installation of an aircraft (the Concorde)?
It's not only possible, but it's likely, assuming your USB connections are tight and working OK. Try uninstalling the Concorde before you reinstall the PMDGs. This behavior could also be caused by any other software you have recently installed or activated, not just flight sim software. Anything that could be stealing keyboard shortcuts. HTH

On FMC aircraft that have a keyboard capture option for the scratchpad, make sure that is disabled. That can grab keystrokes ahead of passing them to an FS function. If there are only some keystrokes not working because of conflicts PMDG has its own keyboard assignments. From the FS menu bar click the PMDG selection and look for keyboard assignments.