Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VirginAus737

Sound not working through rear I/O

Hello, I spoke about this a short time ago but I decided it would be so much nicer if I did not have to have a wire going from my speakers to the front of the case. As it says in the title the sound port does not work from the motherboard but works on the front of the case which is of course connected to the motherboard. Confuses me, anyone know the answer?

Do you have some headphones laying around that you can try in the back panel?

I have no headphones that work with a 3.5mm plug, only USB. How do I check the software for the front and back, I though there was one general one.

I have no headphones that work with a 3.5mm plug, only USB. How do I check the software for the front and back, I though there was one general one.
I think it will show you if you are using rear or front panel when you plug in the speakers. Were they working earlier ?

If you look at your software GUI, above, you'll see in the lower left corner you have a check in "Front Left and Right". What happens if you uncheck that? I also see a "Default Format" tab. Have you looked there? After that, check your Device Manager; Sound,video, game controllers. Look for yellow or red icons. If there are none, all that should be OK.

I think it will show you if you are using rear or front panel when you plug in the speakers. Were they working earlier ?
Look at the picture above, it reads it if i put it in the back.

My suggestion is that you connected a speaker to it and check again , can you see any signal level on the rear panel (in the speaker on the taskbar ) when playing any audio ?

It regognises that the speaker is in, plays the sound but nothing comes out. If you were deaf, you would think it works.

It regognises that the speaker is in, plays the sound but nothing comes out. If you were deaf, you would think it works.
try putting the speaker in the other ports .