Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fsxsimmer20

GTX 460 Performance Issue

Hey its me again. So i had a 9400gt before, about 15 FPS in the VC of the NGX at CYYZ. So, i get the 460 abd i get the same frames. hardly any gain at all in FPS. However, in any other game, it runs great. (BFBC2 runs at high at 60 frames)Thanks for your help :)

Woahh...really interest in this issue. Since I'm about to upgrade from my HD4670 to GTX 460.

Woahh...really interest in this issue. Since I'm about to upgrade from my HD4670 to GTX 460.
if its for fsx only, wait. if its for ANYTHING else, get it :)

Yes Fs9(and FSX in the future) is the only game that I play..besides counter strike 1.6 (which only need a medium-low computer). Actually since there are some GTX 560Ti having good prices at my place, I'm considering to change to it instead of GTX 460. But your issue still interest me :D

if its for fsx only, wait. if its for ANYTHING else, get it :)
How much AA and what resolution are you running?

How much AA and what resolution are you running?
Nhancer does not work with me. I have the latest drivers. so yah, cant set that.The filter i don tknow if this has anything to do with it, is at Anisotropic. Resolution is 1280x1024x32. I have 2 screens, i only use one for fsx. Thanks for your help :)

Nhancer does not work with me. I have the latest drivers. so yah, cant set that.The filter i don tknow if this has anything to do with it, is at Anisotropic. Resolution is 1280x1024x32. I have 2 screens, i only use one for fsx. Thanks for your help :)
Without AA and such a low resolution you are CPU limited. 15 FPS in the VC of the NGX at CYYZ is perfectly normal for your CPU. It's not the best processor for FSX really. You could maybe try to overclock it to some 4GHz if your cooling is up to the job.You can use Inspector to set your filters: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/Your new GTX460 will handle that and more, so at least you'll get a much better IQ