Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul Deemer

Aha! The Door and Airstair

I saw a topic on this awhile back but can't find it. People were complaining they could not get the Left Front Entry Door to Open although the Airstair would deploy with the aircraft powered down, even though all the other doors worked. I found a way to make it work. Go to Ground Connections and Set Ground Power to Connected and the door will open even though the Aircraft is completely powered down. This is a one way only deal. To get the door closed and airstairs retracted do the following. Shut down everything except for the battery switch. At this point retract the airstairs and close the door. Flip the Battery switch to off and your done.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

it can help to do, but it is not "applicable" in real life.If you close the door while you're out, you cannot switch off the battery.laugh.pngAirstair must work also if aircraft is unpowered, and the door is fully mechanical.A question to anyone knows: It is possible to "click" during external view? I mean, if I'm out of the plane, can I push buttons, levers or something else? I don't mean about NGX but generally if it could be possible to do an addon with this feature.If it could be possible, opening doors can be done by external views, same for airstair or access panels. Maybe useful also for servicing.

it can help to do, but it is not "applicable" in real life.
That is probably one of the things that is giving PMDG loads of headaches right now. They release one of the most realistic and hands down best add-on aircraft ever released in the history of flightsim and people are being nitpicky cause they are spoiled on the NGX now. First it was the Speed Tables, Then the Short Field Package, Letters missing on the overhead, Switches being reversed etc. So what? Some things will get fixed in the SP and others will not. Point is the NGX will never please ALL because there will always be somebody with a nitpick or gripe about something.
If you want perfection buy the real thing. FSX is not the real world and never will be. No Aircraft will ever be %100 perfect. Sooner people realize that the quicker they will start enjoying what is available to them.

You made a a way to bypass the issue. But it is present as for the others.The texture related issues like missing letters or inverted labels, can be fixed by users if panel textures are editable. Change day an night texture and you have done.For me the stair is less important than a wrong label on a switch (display bright for the copilots for example). If you follow the wrong label to control a thing, and it does another one, you are losing time, probably attention tothe flight.A stair and a door for ghost crew and passengers makes no difference in the simulation.But, as I think that our feedback could improve this product, we can speak about them useful or useless.I never submitted a ticket to pmdg about what I found, they are working on more important things (I think) but as I see that sometime they post here, they can read us (or not), then decide what to do or not.The perfection is far, there are a lot of stuff that must be simulated to have perfection. This is the ngx, also with its limit is however the best addon for fsx. Asit is a complex simulation it cannot be error free.But... the story learn that user feedbacks are the way that lets programs to improve continously.