Sign in to follow this  
jafo

ASE weather flickering on and off

I have been wrestling with a problem even after verifying Jims settings were the same as mine. When I am in FSX with ASE running, the weather "flickers". More specifically, every 5-10 seconds the visibility and wind, (and no doubt temperature) changes back and forth. This does not happen when I run FSX without starting ASE. When viewing my aircraft from the outside (especially at cruising altitude) I can clearly see the planes nose being deflected by winds, then when the weather flickers, it will fly straight and true, before it flickers again and I can see the planes nose displaced by a sudden re-emergence of wind. Clouds also come and go when the weather flickers. Visibility goes from unlimited, to a ground haze every time it flickers. It is visually irritating. Also, noticed that my throttle jumps from high RPMs to low RPMs when the weather flickers (I would guess because it is trying to maintain speed when the winds pickup, then idle when they go away). Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Jafo, Click on the options tab, under Depiction Mode select "Smooth Cloud Transitions" and move the slider down to 0% under "Dyanamic Rate of Change." As for throttle RPM's and the other issues you described it is within the FSX weather code and it associated exchange between it and the addon you are flying. For a good remedy I would look into FSUIPC which contains a weather "taming" component. You may still experience some flickering but it will be hardly as noticeable as before.

\Robert Hamlich/