Sign in to follow this  
Straypuft

upgrading from gtx 250 to gtx 560

price range is $200usd and from my little research, that allows me to buy a 560, i am looking at MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC Video Card is MSI a decent brand or should i look at something else?

-Raymond W

PC Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X - ASUS B550M-K - 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz - MSI 3070 TI Gaming X Trio

i would go that route if i could find a free shipping code

-Raymond W

PC Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X - ASUS B550M-K - 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz - MSI 3070 TI Gaming X Trio

those reviews on newegg for the 560 ti scare me, i suppose i will wait a month or 2 for more positive reviews to be published after more people will have had theirs for longer than 4 months

-Raymond W

I went from a GTX285 to a 560Ti about a month ago and don't regret it. The 560Ti runs much cooler and thus much quieter as the 285's fan would crank up easily while playing a game. I gained about a 30-40% frame rate increase in most games and with FSX, it is more smoother than with the 285. I think I gained some frame rates in FSX, but the main change was definitely more smoothness and less stutters. I bought the eVGA 2GB 560Ti card.

those reviews on newegg for the 560 ti scare me, i suppose i will wait a month or 2 for more positive reviews to be published after more people will have had theirs for longer than 4 months
Too be honest, I think most people that write those reviews have only had really bad experiences (card arriving DOA, having to RMA it, etc.), and people that have had the best experiences. Go with EVGA, as WallysWorld said, and you won't be disappointed.

Danny

i will still wait to buy the card, but i do like the EVGA stuff. but i think i should get my brothers birthday present first before the price doubles(star wars saga blu ray set) i plan on buying 2 of them, one for my brother and one for myself, this will give us time for better reviews to surface, i dont need the video card as soon as possible, so the idea to purchase it next month was pretty much impulse. btw, i meant to say gtx 260 in the thread title as that is currently what i use(even though this computer came with a gts 250)

-Raymond W

I went from a GTX285 to a 560Ti about a month ago and don't regret it. The 560Ti runs much cooler and thus much quieter as the 285's fan would crank up easily while playing a game.I gained about a 30-40% frame rate increase in most games and with FSX, it is more smoother than with the 285. I think I gained some frame rates in FSX, but the main change was definitely more smoothness and less stutters.I bought the eVGA 2GB 560Ti card.
HiWallysWorld, what´s type of cpu do you has?I am considering to buy a new gtxxx since my GTX280 lack in performance a special in MegaAirport like ESSA (Stocholm Arlanda) it´s abut 10-15but sometime about 7fps!The problem is if you increase the graphic settings you get better performance but I will get an OOM fault!To get around the OOM fault I have to sett down the settings but for more lack in perfomance. The problem is that if the wetheris great I get about 15 fps but more worse wether is results in more lack. I can accept about 10 if the wether is bad but not at normal wether,do you understand how I mean?I have the computer in my signature and my only reasonable step now is to change the graphiccard!Some question:1)Is there any idea to have the GTX280 and the GTXxxx in a SLI for FSX?2)When you look for a new card what is the most important to look at?3)How about GTX560, GTX560ti and GTX570?4)What is about the card´s memory?Anything else that I have missed?Glad for some big help// Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. 

Fredde, I have an i7-920 overclocked to 4Ghz. With a good cooler, you can probably overclocked your 920 to 4Ghz without any issues. I bought the 2GB version of the GTX 560Ti. I thought about the 570 and the 580 (not the plain 560!), but I like the fact that the 560Ti runs cooler and thus be quieter. My old GTX 285 ran pretty hot when playing intensive games and the fan would crank up pretty loud. But with the 560Ti, I never hear the fan abecause it runs much cooler. I do find that FSX sometimes takes up to 1.5GB of the 2GB on the video card playing at 1920x1080 resolution so I'm glad I got the 2GB card. I run FSX with almost all of the scenery settings set to maximum (max autogen, water at High 2x) and get pretty decent frame rates like 15-17 fps at busy airports like KATL with My Traffic X set to 50%. The only thing about my 560Ti which I don't like is that I couldn't overclock it that much. I only got a stable 5% overclock out of it which is still about 3-5% slower than most of the 560Ti 1GB cards out there at stock speed.

Hi Ok it sounds really great but do you think that the gtx560ti 2GB will manage the resolution of 5040x1050 in my 3x22" setup (Matrox TH2GO)? Best Fredriik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Hi No ofcause but i will be a better chance with a 2GB. You can follow the discussion here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/350337-intel-i7-920-and-gtx560ti-737ngx-performance/ Best Fredrik