Sign in to follow this  
Ty53650

Flap Maneuver Speed and Touch and Go's

I realize this has been discussed before, and I'm starting to get the hang of it, although I have a question for the 737 gurus. I realize the FMC seems to reset all the data the first time you land, and therefore you need to remember the various V speeds for TO and APP, but are the flap speed Bugs supposed to disappear after the first landing as well? Should I just remember all the flap bug speeds for the various flaps settings, along with TO and APP V speeds? Safe to assume the data being reset is normal and happens in the real bird? Thanks for any input, and also thanks to G550flyer for the 737 NG techniques he posted a while back, very helpful!

you will have to re-init/perf the box(FMC). also just rotate at your app speed after setting your flaps 15. If you are doing VFR traffic patterns, just update your speed every 5000 pounds of weight change. If you go into the radar pattern, just re-init and select your approach. You are welcome for the techniques, I'm glad you found them useful.

Excellent Rick, thank you. I figured it was normal for the FMC to reset on the first landing. Think I got er' figured out now, really helps with getting a feel for the bird, whole different world than the L-19 I train with in RW :)