Sign in to follow this  
chad556

Error: creation failed- check if sound file is available

I recently did a complete re install of flightsim on my windows 7 64bit system. all planes have worked fine with exception of one. Whenever I load my CRJ (here from avsim ) and click anywhere on the panel, I get the following error message then a crash to desktop: creation failed check if sound file is available. This panel and plane worked flawlessly on my windows xp 32bit machine. Any ideas on how to fix it? Searching through the forums I see that it may be tied to the gaugesound.dll, but mine is intact and where it should be. Thanks in advance.

It's an error from the gaugesound.dll telling you it can't locate whatever sound file it's been requested to play by the gauge(s).

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Problem solved: I looked in the folder from the original download and there is a "gaugesound.dll file that the author provided. I overwrote my original, and it works now. Thanks Warp!